Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mickey & Minnie Mouse Cake Pops

Bakerella http://www.bakerella.com/you-asked/ did it again and once again, I copied her....she is amazing and has so much creativity!!Gather your supplies...follow basic cake pop recipe here's the one I follow http://cakepopsgalore.blogspot.com/2008/09/cake-pop-recipe.htmlMix cake and frosting together, refrigerate for an hour or overnight if you like to make these over two days like I often doonce cake/frosting mixture is chilled roll into quarter size balls. I like to use my melon scoop because it gives me the perfect amount Dip lollipop stick into your melted chocolate and inset into the center of cake ballsTa da....ready for dippingfor a Mickey & Minnie effect I added chocolate melts for ears using some of the melted chocolate as a glue. This did not work out so well for me though. My ears kept falling off so next time I am going to try using a Necco wafer http://www.necco.com/Default.asp or another round candy of some sort so that they will not fall off as easily....also making sure the melt is firmly in the cake helped a bit, but still quite a lot of effort Minnie and Mickey Mouse Happy Cake Popping Disney Fans!!!

5 comments:

  1. New follower, found you on Parties by Hardie. These look perfect, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Will add these to my cake order this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try this for my daughter's 4th bday! Thanks for sharing. I found you on pinterest btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wondering..what did you use for minnie's bow? And where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend's baby is turning 1 this October and a Mickey Mouse Birthday Party is on top list. The very reason why I decided to make a collection of this amazing party ideas. I hope it would be okay to list some of your ideas on my compilation? Please say yes. Nice stuffs in here and thanks for sharing.
    God bless always!
    Regards,
    Meow
    http://meowchie.snydle.com/mickey-mouse-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete